The Chinese cargo ship that had been stranded in the central province of Quang Tri for nearly half a month has been successfully rescued.

The Chinese cargo ship that had been stranded in the central province of Quang Tri for nearly half a month has been successfully rescued.
Quang Tri authorities announced on Sunday that the cargo ship Glory Future had just been moved out of the stranded area near Cua Viet Beach and was waiting for repairs.
The Chinese cargo ship which was controlled by Chinese captain Jwo Quojiang with 12 Vietnamese and 8 Chinese crew members, was being anchored, waiting in the port of Cua Viet to transport 26,000 tonnes of sand for export to Korea when the anchor broke in heavy rain and strong wind on October 17. It soon drifted towards the shore and ran aground about two kilometres off the coast of Cua Viet.
The shipowner informed local authorities and worked with some local companies on the rescue work.
A rescue team with over 40 members and four ships were sent to the area on October 22 to help pull the 28,000-tonne cargo ship out of the area. The rescue work had been delayed for some time due to unfavourable weather.
Director of the Quang Tri Seaport Company, Phan Phung Hai, said that they had to send more rescue forces which had to be very careful in case there were oil spills.
"The ship was finally moved out of the area on the evening of October 30," he said.



















